HHH Metals, LLC
18375 Ventura Blvd.
Tarzana, CA 91356
Scrap Metal Acceptance Policy
HHH Metals accepts ferrous scrap metal including but not limited to the following materials:
- Plate and Structural
- #1 Heavy Melt
- Car Bodies
- Cast Iron
- Industrial Clips
- #1/#2 Baling
In order to comply with existing Federal, State and Local Safety and Environmental Laws and/or regulations, the following items will not be accepted at our facility:
- Wet or dry capacitors, light ballast and electrical transformers or transformer components that may contain PCBs.
- Asbestos or asbestos containing materials such as pipe or I-Beam insulation, brake shoes or pads, tiles, packing material and debris.
- Gasoline tanks, oil filters of any kind and engine blocks containing free flowing liquids.
- Tanks, vessels and containers of all sizes unless they are certified to be clean.
- Air bag canisters.
- Water reactive metals (i.e., sodium, potassium, and lithium), magnesium metals (capable of independent combustion), and beryllium metals (health hazard).
- Military scrap of any kind unless it is inspected and approved in advance.
- Railroad scrap unless accompanied by the appropriate ownership documentation.
- Ammunition shells and any explosives or explosive materials.
- Any radioactive materials or containers.
- Lead acid or battery parts including battery terminal connectors and whole batteries.
- Universal waste lamps including, but not limited to, fluorescent, high intensity discharge, neon, mercury vapor, high-pressure sodium, and metal halide lamps.
- Waste elemental mercury, including mercury switches.
- Compressed gas cylinders, including propane bottles unless they are cut in half or are punctured.
- Lead wheel weights.
- Cables and wires greater than 5 feet in length.
- Oils, other petroleum products and petroleum by-products.
- Any other hazardous materials, hazardous wastes, or universal waste.
- Steel turnings mixed with non-ferrous turnings, cutting liquids; oil, sludge or any other contaminants.
- Barbed Wire
IF PROHIBITED ITEMS ARE NOT REMOVED, THEY AND THE MATERIAL THEY CAME WITH MAY BE REJECTED. IN LIEU OF REJECTION, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT, AT OUR DISCRETION, TO PROPERLY REMOVE AND DISPOSE OF THE PROHIBITED ITEMS AT SUPPLIER’S EXPENSE
Appliance Acceptance Policy
California hazardous waste laws permit recycling of appliances under one of the following conditions:
· Appliance is received whole, completely intact with no damagedor missing parts, in which case HHH Metals serves as the certified appliance recyclers and removes all materials that require special handling prior to recycling.
· Appliance is already processed by a CAR and we receive certification from the customer upon receipt of the appliance stating that all of the materials that require special handling have been removed.
· Appliance is processed, or otherwise not completly whole, without certification, in which case we must receive an orphan form from the transporter, stating that the appliance was received in its current state.